SEMANTiCS 2016, which will take place from 12-15 September at Leipzig University in Germany, has issued five calls for papers.
The annual SEMANTiCS conference is the meeting place for professionals who make semantic computing work, who understand its benefits and encounter its limitations. Every year, SEMANTiCS attracts information managers, IT-architects, software engineers and researchers from organisations ranging from NPOs, through public administrations to the largest companies in the world. Attendees learn from industry experts and top researchers about emerging trends and topics in the fields of semantic software, enterprise data, linked data & open data strategies, methodologies in knowledge modelling and text & data analytics. The SEMANTiCS community is highly diverse; attendees have responsibilities in interlinking areas like knowledge management, technical documentation, e-commerce, big data analytics, enterprise search, document management, business intelligence and enterprise vocabulary management.
The success of last year’s conference in Vienna with more than 280 attendees from 22 countries proves that SEMANTiCS 2016 will continue a long tradition of bringing together colleagues from around the world. There will be presentations on industry implementations, use case prototypes, best practices, panels, papers and posters to discuss semantic systems in birds-of-a-feather sessions as well as informal settings. SEMANTICS addresses problems common among information managers, software engineers, IT-architects and various specialist departments working to develop, implement and/or evaluate semantic software systems.
The SEMANTiCS program is a rich mix of technical talks, panel discussions of important topics and presentations by people who make things work – just like you. In addition, attendees can network with experts in a variety of fields. These relationships provide great value to organisations as they encounter subtle technical issues in any stage of implementation. The expertise gained by SEMANTiCS attendees has a long-term impact on their careers and organisations. These factors make SEMANTiCS for our community the major industry related event across Europe.
There are three calls for papers and demonstrations:
- The Research & Innovation track at SEMANTiCS welcomes the submission of papers on novel scientific research and/or innovations relevant to the topics of the conference. You can view this call here.
- The Industry & Use Case Presentations track at SEMANTiCS is for presentations relevant to industry and industrial purposes of technology that has already been deployed and/or tested in a practical environment. You can view this call here.
- The Posters & Demonstrations Track invites innovative work in progress, late-breaking research and innovation results, and smaller contributions in all fields related to the broadly understood Semantic Web. You can view this call here.
In addition, there are two calls for organising workshops.
- SEMANTiCS 2016 scientific workshops provide a forum for groups of researchers and practitioners to discuss topics in semantic web research and practice. If you are interested in hosting a full-day or half-day scientific workshop at SEMANTiCS, you can view the call here.
- SEMANTiCS 2016 industrial tutorials provide a forum for groups of researchers and practitioners to learn more about new and hot practical topics in semantic web research and practice before they have matured to warrant conference or journal publication. If you are interested in hosting a full-day or half-day industrial workshop at SEMANTiCS, you can view the call here.